Moving to PHS

Moving to Port Huron Schools

Moving to Port Huron Schools Quicklinks

Important Links and Resources
Harrison Adult And Alternative Education Center
Enrollment Forms
Schools of Choice
Google Map Location

Welcome and thank you for choosing Port Huron Schools!

You will find many resources on this page related to registering your child in Port Huron Schools. We hope you find all of the information you need, but if you have any questions please feel free to call us at 810-984-3101 ext. 4063.

Forms required to enroll in Port Huron Schools are available through these pages along with what documents are required.

You will need to bring the following with you to enroll your child:

Original Birth Certificate (Birth Certificate Ordering Information)
Two Proofs of Residency
Vaccination Records (Immunizations)
Proof of Vision and Hearing - Our enrollment specialist can give you the dates and times our district offers free appointments.

Please contact Patie Bonnick, our enrollment specialist at (810) 984-3101 ext. 4063 or with any additional questions you may have.

Kindergarten Enrollment
The State of Michigan has changed the age requirement for enrolling your child into Kindergarten. Children need to be five years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year in order to attend Kindergarten for the current school year. There is a link directly below titled "New Kindergarten Age Information" that details the age changes. If you feel your child is ready for kindergarten and he/she turns five from September 1 - December 1, of the current school year inquire about a possible waiver option. This is strictly for children who turn 5 September 1 - December 1, of the current school year only.

Important Links and Resources

GSRP Enrollment Page
Bus Routes/School Locator (Find My "Home" School)

When parents or legal guardians enroll a child in any school, an Original Birth Certificate is required to establish a birth date. Please note that no affidavits of parentage are allowed to establish a birth date.

Please click on the following link to view all current immunization requirements

Click here to visit the St. Clair County Health Department Immunization website

Health Appraisal Record
The Health Appraisal for is filled out by a Physician or Nurse designate and is required.

Proof of Residency
Parents need to show two pieces of documentation for proof of residency. Examples include: utility bills, mortgage statement, rental agreement, city income tax, etc. The document must show the address where the child lives.

Harrison Adult And Alternative Education Center

Harrison takes walk-ins Mon-Fri 9am-2pm and Tuesday evening 5:30-7:30. Contact Harrison at 810-455-0029 for more information.
Harrison's website

Enrollment Forms

Emergency Information Form Fillable
Household Survey Form Fillable
Residency Information Form (McKinney-Vento) Fillable
Student Registration Form Fillable
Affirmation of Prior Discipline Record Fillable

MHSAA Concussion Form Fillable
Medical-Allergy Alert Fillable
Statement of Varicella Disease Fillable

2017-2018 School Year Schools of Choice

Availability by building - Openings from July 10 to July 26 for the 2017/18 School Year.

County Schools of Choice (CSOC) are students who do not reside with the Port Huron Area School District boundaries. Application windows are open in mid-June through end of July for the following school year and again in late November though mid-December for the second semester of the current year.

Decisions are based on enrollment availability in not only each building, but by grade level. In each instance, transportation is provided by the parent.

St Clair County Out of District Schools of Choice:
2017 2018 Schools of Choice Openings

St Clair County RESA
499 Range Road
P.O. Box 1500
Marysville, MI 48040

CSOC Application for County Contiguous Schools of Choice
CSOC Parent handbook

Building Preference Request are for students who reside within our boundaries who would like to choose a different building based on needs such as child care. These applications follow the same rule as County Contiguous but applications are filled out in district.

Port Huron Schools Building Preference Request:
Port Huron Area Schools
2720 Riverside Dr.
Port Huron, MI 48060
(810) 984-3101

Application for Building Preference Request
Building Preference Request Parent Handbook

If you would like more information, please contact Patie Bonnick at
(810) 984-3101 ext. 4063 or email to: